Being a knowledge-based practice, the creation of architecture is closely related to the formation of knowledge linking architecture with the multitude of context and situations.
Architecture in Asia with its immense diversity in complexity currently experiences some fundamental transformations in social relations, technological advancement, environmental management, and cultural appropriation. The existing configuration of knowledge is no longer adequate to comprehend and develop architecture in this region.
This Conference calls for visions, insights, ideas and theories to re-chart the knowledge of architecture in order to inform the improvement of architectural education and practices in Asia particularly in the themes of:
- Humanity and its challenges
- Multitude of cultural complexity
- Digital reality and digital technology
- Environmentally appropriate technology
- Uncertainty of urbanism and territoriality